Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Future Goals

I do not think about my future very often but, I have somewhat of an idea of what I would like to do. First, I would like to graduate high school and go to college at a school that is perfect for me. Afterwards, I would like to go to college and earn my Master's degree is a subject that I love. I'm not too sure what this subject will be but, I know that I will find it soon. Then, I just want to be happy and successful by my own standards.

I do not see myself as a professional athlete. I like sports and all but, playing them for a living does not seem like my cup of tea. Also, there is a huge risk factor with getting injured. Getting injured seriously while playing professional sports seems like you are always rushed to get back into play which sometimes is not the best solution. But, if there was any sport I would want to go pro in, it would be golf. This is because getting injured in golf is not very likely. Also, it is unlike other sports like football and hockey that when you reach a certain age, you have to quit playing. In golf, you can keep on playing. Lastly, golf is one of my favorite sports and I believe that I am good at it.

My favorite basketball player, Paul George had to overcome lots of obstacles to be in the spot where he is today. Being drafted 10th overall in the NBA Draft comes with high expectations. He was great averaging 15 points per game and being a two time All Star. But then tragedy hit, he snapped his leg during a game while playing for Team USA. He was out for the whole next season. Afterwards, he came back stronger than ever! The next season, he averaged 23.1 points per game and is now widely considered one of the best players in the NBA. Also, he was featured as the cover athlete in NBA 2K17. This is a huge milestone that most players do not achieve. He is an amazing player with an even more amazing comeback story.

No comments:

Post a Comment