Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Domestic Violence In Sports

                                              Honestly I don’t believe athletes deserve the money they are being paid. On average professional athletes are being paid 3.15 million dollars per year, when people with an advanced degree are only getting 72,824 dollars per year. These people work really hard on their education to get degrees like that i'm not saying professional athletes don’t try as hard but all they have to do is be good at a sports. I believe a professional athlete's salary should be between 90,000 - 1,000,000 dollars per year.

Right now I don’t like the under punishment athletes are getting for domestic violence, for example Adrian Peterson was accused of beating his 4 year old son with a stick. In the trial he agreed with a plea bargain, the bargain is a fine of 4,000 dollars and community service, I mean are kidding me he should be in a lot more trouble than that you can't take away this child's traumatic experience with a fine he will never feel safe around his father again. They also suspended him for 2 weeks but I still don't think that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment