Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What is your theme song?

Theme Song Assignment
How many of you put on your favorite song to pump you up?  Or maybe it is a song you bring out for special occasions, just for the right moment?  What's the occasion?  A game you want to win.  A test you want to ace.  A moment in time you want to capture through a song.  A memory you want to mark with a song.  Whatever the reason for the song, it has meaning to you and you play it for a specific meaning and feeling. 
Please take some time to think about your theme song.  What's the occasion?  Who is the artist?  What does the song mean to you?  Why is this your theme song?  Please find the lyrics to the song and put them on a document.  Please find a You Tube clip of the song/ video and put it on your document.  Then talk about the song.  Describe to our blog readers why this is your theme song.  I look forward to hearing, reading and viewing all your theme songs.  Please make sure they are school appropriate.

Mr. Epple's Theme Song:
Megadeth: Rust in Peace (Album)
I am picking an entire album as my theme song, or rather theme album.  I got this album when I was in high school and played the tape till it ran out.  I played it for the love of the music at first, then it turned into something else.  I played it before a game.  When I was sad, angry, happy.  I played it at parties, by myself, in my car, while washing my car, when I was studying (occasionally), actually anytime.  This is my album I listen to for all occasions.  I listen to it, to this day.  Now, I own a copy in a CD version.  Actually, I own 2 copies.  The songs all have political meaning, and I agree with some.  There is a story behind each song, which I learned later in life.  I took time to read the lyrics and read articles about what the songs originally meant.  They are well thought out and intelligent.  Regardless, the songs on Rust in Peace are my theme songs.  Here is a link to the album and songs.  Here is also a playlist of the songs.

1. Holy Wars.... The Punishment Due
2. Hangar 18
3. Take No Prisoners
4. Five Magics
5. Poison Was the Cure
6. Lucretia
7. Tornado of Souls
8. Dawn Patrol
9. Rust in Peace....Polaris



No comments:

Post a Comment